Features of the Baseline Pitching Machine
* 1/4 HP-This motor is proudly made in the USA!
* All steel construction. This gives the Baseline machine durability and a long life.
* Steel legs reversible for baseball and softball. If you have both a son and a daughter like Marty Schupak,
this is an excellent feature!
* Contoured skid plate for greater accuracy and longer ball life.
* Simple “no tools required” switch from baseball to softball and back in seconds. No need to be an engineer with any
First Pitch product!
* 1/8” steel motor casing. * Capped “Feet” for greater stability on any surface.
Limit the rocking motion you sometimes get in a chair at your local diner.
* Full size pitching machine tire provides long life and minimal wear on balls. The tire is like the "brains" of the Baseline Machine.
* Fully enclosed control panel with 0 through 7-speed dial representing 0 through 70 mph speed.
Marty Schupak says "coach up." Go high on the MPH!
* Precision dampening lock allows for easy angle adjustments and locks machine setting during use. Important feature!
* Spring-loaded pivot point allows for smooth adjustments.
* Full 360-degree swivel for fielding practice. Great feature! Ever have a day when the coach cannot hit a fly ball?
Use the Baseline machine!
* Ground balls to pop flies and everything in between. Save time once you get familiar with
using the First Pitch machine for fielding. And save arms!
*This machine pitches both regular baseballs and dimpled baseballs. My recommendation is to stick to one or the other.
Don't mix both types.
Another great feature of the First Pitch Baseline Pitching Machine is the portability. The machine weighs 60 pounds.The legs will detach so it can easily fit in a car or a garage. A handle on the machine makes easy to carry.You do not want to roll the baseline pitching machine on it's wheel. Five Year top to bottom Manufacturer's Warranty-How can you top this! We sell more First Pitch Pitching Machines and have more satisfied customers than anyone! Your son, daughter or team can be hitting off this machine this week!
I have been using this machine for my little league team for a month and a half and it works great. I have the machine set at about 42 feet away and it pitches strikes continuously. I am using a mix of tee balls, which are softer, and hard stitched balls. The machine tends to shoot the tee balls around more than the hard balls but that gives them some practice waiting for the right pitch. I would definitely recommend this to any one in the market to buy a machine. Also, setup was fairly easy and I received the machine very quickly. The site says it takes two additional days for processing but mine actually came when the site said it was first shipping. Not sure what happened there but I am not complaining. All in all, good machine and good company.
The First Pitch Machine is everything your web site described it would be. It is more sturdy than I believed it would be by looking at the pictures. It was easy to assemble. The wheel is in perfect balance and runs as smooth as silk.
Easy to use and setup. Tried it with both baseballs and pitching machine balls, quite happy with the consistency and accuracy. Came with both a baseball and a softball loading chute. Wheel is balanced with weights like a car tire is.
Very pleased! Our new First Pitch machine is just what we needed. An excellent pitching machine that we could afford and could be confident that it would last for years. After careful consideration I chose the Baseline because of the warranty and the price.
- S Roberts
Very similar to the Jugs machine used by most High Schools and youth associations, for about half the cost! Throws very straight and reliable when using dimple balls.
I have purchased numerous items from Marty Schupak. I have found him most reliable and he tells it to you straight. My first experience with him was an item he couldn't match in price with another site. Needless to say the other site could not deliver and upon calling Marty back, I had my item within four days.
We began purchasing Marty Schupak’s videos from his web site a few years ago. Since then he has helped us develop a batting cage in our backyard with pitching machine, net etc. My son has developed into a competitive high school baseball player and will play on the next level. Thanks Marty!
FAQ on First Pitch and the Baseline Pitching Machine
1) How does the baseline pitching machine throw both baseballs and softballs?
The machine comes with two rings. One 9” ring for baseball and one 12” ring for 11 and 12 inch softballs. The legs are reversible to accommodate both baseball & softball.
2) What type of balls are best to use?
The First Pitch Baseline Machine will throw real baseball or softballs. Pitching machine balls will provide more consistency, but the important thing to remember is that all the balls should be the same and in similar condition for consistent pitches.
3) At what distance is the speed measured?
The speed is measured with a radar gun at sixty feet, measuring the speed of the ball as it exits the machine. Of course the ball is moving as the radar gun is measuring it but the speed is measured close to the machine as it is when measuring the speed of a live pitch.
The First Pitch Company And The Youth Sports Club
First Pitch started out supplying pitching machines to leagues and teams locally and then through word-of-mouth. The inquiries for pitching machines started coming from coaches, players, and parents throughout the United States. First Pitch takes pride promising to produce quality products that are made in the USA. A First Pitch Pitching Machine will put you on the fast track to better hitting - and a better game! The Youth Sports Club has been carrying First Pitch pitching machine for years! The brilliance of the First Pitch company is that they stand behind their five year warranty for residential use which also includes schools and leagues. All of the First Pitch equipment on the Youth Sports Club web site is backed by our guarantee of 100% customer satisfaction, and as always you'll get the backing of our outstanding customer service! We also carry the full line of Softball and Baseball equipment, from pitching screens, batting tees to all ball-throwing machines.